Friday, April 1, 2011

Favorite Napa Valley Winery

People often ask me if I have a favorite Napa Valley winery. I have quite a few that are "must visits" for anyone on their first tour. But, one of my favorites is V. Sattui in St. Helena. I like the winery for several reasons. First, the wine is only available for purchase at the winery. My thought is, "Why visit a winery whose wine you have tasted on numerous occasions and can buy at any large wine store?" Second, V. Sattui has a wonderful gourmet deli and picnic area. It is one of the few in Napa Valley with that distinction. It is also up Highway 29 far enough to warrant a rest after visiting a few other wineries. There are better wines to be had in the valley but, if you are like me, the experience enhances the flavor of the wine. Plan on this place being really busy and be willing to fight for a picnic spot (bring a blanket because there is lots of grass). It's busy for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment