Monday, December 20, 2010

Leelanau Peninsula Toast the Season 2010

I'm catching up a bit on my postings to this recently refurbished wine and food blog with a photo and commentary on the Leelanau Peninsula Vintners Association's Toast the Season event. My wife and I took part in the November 6 & 7 weekend and it was just delightful (as are all the LP Wines events). We visited 17 wineries on the weekend, tasted many wonderful wines and food pairings, and met some of the wonderful people staffing the wineries. The photo accompanying this posting is from Tandem Ciders. Some might not consider it a winery in the truest sense but, to me, if you are fermenting fruit and putting in into a bottle, that's close enough. What was more memorable about the weekend is why we keep coming back to the Leelanau Peninsula. Of course there is the wine (and in this case Smacintosh Hard Cider). But but the friendliness of the winemakers and their staff makes the whole experience of visiting this area all the more enjoyable. The photo says it all. Enjoy the hospitality of northern lower Michigan and drink up!

See the full photo set from this event on my Flickr site.

No comments:

Post a Comment